Christmas at Ardencote
Who could resist the temptation of spending the festive season in the warmth of Ardencote, sipping mulled wine by the fire and indulging in mince pies? If it’s your first time away from home at this magical time of year, you may be a little worried, fear not, our hands on team at Ardencote will ensure that you and your guests enjoy a stress-free stay without missing your home comforts. So to put your mind at ease, we have created a ‘Go-To Guide’ on how to enjoy Christmas away from home and make the most of your festive break with us…
- NO WASHING UP…The fuss of preparing and cooking lunch for the family is enough without the dreaded chore of washing up! Hand that over to someone else for a change
- MORE QUALITY FAMILY TIME…Months, weeks, day in advance we spend preparing for Christmas Day. Often with a countdown clock, from the hustle and bustle of joining other manic supermarket shoppers to peeling Brussel sprouts on Christmas Eve, none of that matters, you can sit back relax and let US serve you! Think of what you can do with all that spare time?
- ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PACK…Remember to pack your best dress for Christmas Day and your swimwear in case you fancy a pre-Christmas dinner dip in our Indoor Pool. If you’re brave enough to face the crisp Winter air try our Outdoor Hot Tub, it’s open all year round and is extra tempting when it’s cold outside
- LET US ENTERTAIN YOU…Ardencote is all geared up to keep you and your family entertained this festive season
How to Prepare?
- LET THE EXCITEMENT BUILD…Even though Christmas away is meant to be relaxing for you, for children it can be a difficult thing to process, show them photos of the destination, talk about all the things you can do together in the time you would normally be in the kitchen, and emphasise the fun things you can do that you can’t do at home…swimming on Christmas morning anyone?
- ENTERTAINMENT…Ask the Hotel what their entertainment schedule is over the festive period and plan your break to suit all of your family
- RESEARCH local events taking place during your stay, from carol concerts to pantomimes, from visiting Santa’s Grotto to ice skating there is sure to be something for all the family to enjoy. Ardencote is particularly close to many festive events and destinations including the famous Frankfurt Christmas Market in Birmingham, and pantomimes at The Royal Shakespeare Company
- WRITE LETTERS TO SANTA…Get the kids to write letters to Santa in advance telling him where you will be staying and encourage them to ask him to deliver smaller gifts to your destination but any larger gifts at home, this way they will have something else to look forward to on the journey home
Experience the festivities within Ardencote…it’s a magical journey!