Top 10 Winter Skin Care Tips
Winter weather is not fun for your skin.
The cold weather and low humidity levels result in dry air, which then steals moisture away from your skin every second.
Without care, the harsh winter wind can cause a lot of problems for your skin.
Here are our top ten tips:
1. Cleansing and Toning – This is important to do every day but even more so during the winter months as it helps to cut down on excess dryness and leaves the pores open to absorb your moisturiser.
2. Moisturise More – Always moisturize to prevent the skin from becoming dry and cracking.
3. Buff Up – Exfoliate at least twice a week to help lagging cells to get out the way so new skin cells soak up the moisture more easily.
4. Use Sunscreen – Although the sun is not out the winter sun does peep through the clouds so it is very important to protect the skin.
5. Lukewarm Water – Having a hot bath or shower is always nice this time of year to warm up but by doing this can wash away your skins natural oils causing ageing of the skin and leaving your skin dry and dehydrated.
6. Pat Down Do Not Rub – Always pat your skin dry, do not rub excess water away as this will leave extra moisture for your skin.
7. Applying Lotion – Always smooth lotion on to damp skin – did you know, you only have a 3 minute window from when you get out the shower for you to moisturize so it is locked in.
8. Spray Moisturiser – A Spray moisturiser reaches parts of your body that your hands can’t. For example your back, how many of us leave out our backs because we can’t reach.
9. Lip Balm – Always use lip balm to prevent your lips from chapping and cracking.
10. Inside Is Important – Drinking water is essential to keep your skin hydrated
We recommend the following products and treatments to ensure your skin survives the harsh winter season:
Superfood Facial Oil £45 – Good for nourishing and hydrating
Gentle Rose Exfoliator £30 – To exfoliate dead skin cells so new cells can produce. 1/2 per week
Exotic Cream Moisturising Mask £35 – To deeply moisturise the skin 1/2 per week
Devils Mint Scrub £27 – Body scrub to remove any dry skin. 1/2 per week
Our recommended treatments (all carried out my trained professionals at Ardencote) include:
Lime & Ginger Salt Glow – £45
Exotic Frangipani Nourishing Wrap – £60
Skin Specific Facial – £60
Ardencote Well Being Ritual – £90
Speak to one of our spa team now who will be more than happy to talk to you about your skin care needs.