Top 10 Tips on how to stay in shape over the Winter
As the weather gets colder it can be tempting to swap your healthy diet and exercise for comfort food and curling up in your dressing gown in front of the fire! So Ardencote Leisure Club have put together some tips on how to stay in shape during the Winter!
- Soup is a great hunger-buster
Make it your mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon snack of choice instead of coffee/tea and a bickie!
- If you are a cheese-a-holic opt for goats or ewes milk cheeses
They are generally lower in fat. Look for the goat or the sheep on the pack.
- Many fruit yogurts are heaving with sugar
Go for full fat Greek yogurt (no it is not bad for you) and add your own fruit and a few nuts or seeds.
- If fizzy soft drinks have become a regular habit, try replacing them with sparkling water
Mixed 50:50 with fresh fruit juice
- Go to work on an egg!
They have had some bad press over the years but boiled/scrambled eggs and toast ‘soldiers‘ are a great fat busting breakfast.
- Calcium-rich foods burn fat fast
Tinned sardines are a great source so squash a few onto a couple of oatcakes for lunch or a snack.
- Difficult to believe but lemons and limes promote alkalinity in the digestive system and prevent bloating
Get them into your foods and drinks, perfect in a glass of room temperature water to start the day
- Out late last night? Try a hangover cocktail
Blend tomato juice with 1 squeezed lemon a dash of Worcester sauce a bit of pepper and NO vodka!
- Ever tried a wheat-free day or two?
You will be amazed at how much looser your waistband feels but you have to read the food labels.
- No, avocados are not fattening, they are rich in fat burning fats
Half one, stuff it with tinned salmon mixed with salsa and lunch is sorted.